The Pat Crawford Education Scholarship
The Pat Crawford Scholarship is going to award one high school student and one college student from Wisconsin a $250 prize each semester. This prize will help the student defray the cost of tuition fees or to purchase books. To qualify, the student must write an essay on why college education is important despite the immense resources that can be found on the Internet. Participants are expected to write a maximum of 800 words in each essay.
Students are advised to write convincing and persuasive essays.
Submit your entry via email to email@example.com or call 575-636-9027 and ask for Glenda.
To qualify, applicants should possess the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior in Wisconsin who will pursue post-secondary education in a university or community college
- OR: Be a college student in Wisconsin with at least 12 credit hours per semester and continuously working toward a four-year degree
- Be a resident of Wisconsin
- Have leadership qualities and be dedicated to pursuing post-secondary education
Details of the Scholarship:
- Two scholarships will be awarded as a cash prize of $250 each.
- Two scholarship prizes will be given in the fall and another two scholarship prizes in the spring.
- A selected committee composed of members of Pat Crawford’s executive team will review the essays. Judges will look for quality and originality of writing.
- Deadline for submission: March 30, 2016
- Notification will be sent to winners via email and also posted in our Facebook page on April 30, 2016.
- Those who join the essay writing competition must agree that their work can be used in marketing materials which includes our website and social media outlets.